Friday 24 November 2017

UK Scrappers Christmas Countdown

Welcome along to the 24th of the UK Scrappers Christmas Countdown Projects: A Set of Stamped Cards.
24

I don't know if you are like me and sometimes find it difficult to come up with card designs you are happy with; I think it is because I am so used to working on a 12x12" canvas that I find a smaller one far trickier.


When I do find a design I'm pleased with, I tend to make a batch of similar cards, just changing up the colours and sentiments.  These cards were made with a set from one of my favourite manufacturers; Altenew, along with many of the dye inks I own.😉


I die cut card fronts as I find them less messy to work with, and if I get ink on the back it will be covered once I glue them to the card base.


I stamped using a MISTI first my background tree, in a light colour.  After cleaning the stamp I changed to another colour family. again the lightest ink and stamped onto a fresh card front.  I continued until I had stamped all of the five lightest images onto 5 cards and then removed this stamp from the platform.  The next image was lined up over the light image on the MISTI and stamped in the next darkest colour in each family, cleaning the stamps each time. I finished each tree with the most detailed stamp, again lined up and stamped with the darkest colour.


Using the colour families allowed me to experiment with unusual choices like pink and even orange.
I completed the stamping with bold scripted sentiments on top of the trees, some were from carols (Altenew) and others were by American stamp company Simon Says Stamp.


I completed the cards with either gems, sequins or Nuvo drops and a small star punched with an Xcut palm punch from gold mirror card.


So, if you have a lot of cards to make and are feeling bereft of inspiration, then just come up with (or lift) one or two designs 😀, and then just make sets of cards on a theme.

And do take a look at UK Scrappers to see what my fellow crafters have been up to this month in preparation for the festive season!  Tomorrow Jayem will be making a seasonal project.

3 comments:

Chidkid said...

A great set of cards..thank you

Virginia said...

Oh they are beautiful cards!

MiniOwner said...

Ooh super stamped cards! Thank you for contributing to the UK Scrappers Christmas Countdown.
Sue xx