Sunday 16 July 2017

Fruity Cards

I bought a lovely set of stamps by Altenew called Simple Fruits and had a play with them last weekend.

For my first card I was inspired by citrus fruits.  Although the stamp I chose was actually a  watermelon, when stamped in yellow, green and orange I thought it had the feel of lemons, limes and oranges.


Next, I decided to do a little masking to make a fruit bowl towards the top of the card.  I also masked the lower two thirds, and so ended up with a clean line below the fruit.  A line of gingham washi and a sentiment finished this one.


I finished the cards with this kiwi fruit congratulations card.  I stamped in Altenew parrot with a little mocha around the edges, and drew in the seeds by hand. The sentiment comes from Label Love. My daughter Katie loved this card so much that I gave it to her for doing so well in her second year undergraduate exams.

1 comment:

MiniOwner said...

Oooh these are so lovely and fresh, Ann. Love them :)
Susan x