Saturday 18 February 2017

Stamping over Pigment Ink.

Half term is here, looking forward to some crafting time.
I still enjoy using Kraft cardstock, but colouring stamped images on Kraft can lead to a muddy looking outcome. A while back, I saw a video on YouTube which showed how to use pigment inks and a MISTI to solve this problem. So, I broke out lots of my old stamps and some pigment ink refills Anna Griffin) to make a range of cards.


I started on Kraft using Tim Holtz blueprint stamps.  I liked the telephones from the vintage set as I thought they could have a range of uses, so began with these stamps.

Then I made a few baby cards using this teddy stamp.


Next, I found a periodic table stamp. Being an ex chemistry teacher I bought it at a craft show ages ago. Sorting my stash back in December reminded me I had it!


As the chemistry stamp had tiny detail, it was difficult to stamp onto Kraft as it tended to bleed. Because of this, I decided to try stamping in this way onto Neenah card, lovely for clean images where the ink stays put.  They make lovely card fronts with a whole range of sentiments.
A good afternoon's crafting to fill up my card box.

2 comments:

jill said...

I need to get my act together & make a batch of cards so I've always got something really for any up coming events.
I do like the telephone card .

Sue Jones said...

Lovely cards - What a great find- that periodic table stamp! Looks great on the neenah card. Didn't half term go quickly ! _ Only six weeks till Easter and a proper hol :0 I always think two weeks is SO much better as it take me a while to get into the flow xx